Norris Hopkins received his undergraduate degree in History and English from the University of Mississippi in 1992, and his Juris Doctorate from Mississippi College School of Law in 1996. In 2001, Norris became a partner in the law firm of Hopkins, Barvie & Hopkins. He specializes in civil trial litigation and tries cases in Federal Court, State Court and Administrative Courts. Additionally, since a majority of cases end up in settlement prior to going to trial or during trial, Norris has negotiated numerous cases totaling millions of dollars for injured clients and families who have sought his representation.
Aside from litigation in general, Norris’ areas of practice include personal injury, automobile and trucking accidents, product liability, medical malpractice, breach of contracts, workers’ compensation, insurance company bad faith, domestic law and real estate law. Norris is a member of the American Association for Justice, Mississippi Association for Justice, American Bar Association, Mississippi Bar Association and Harrison County Bar Association.
Norris is a past commissioned officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard and presently serves as a JAG officer in the Mississippi Air National Guard. Lt. Colonel Hopkins enlisted in military in 1990, and has received numerous Federal and State decorations for his service, including Operation Desert Storm and natural disasters which affected the State of Mississippi.
Norris also volunteers his time to several non-profit organizations including the American Cancer Society, Boy Scouts of America, and has coached various recreational league sports teams in Harrison County.
Norris lives in Gulfport, Mississippi, with his wife, Jodie Gillespie Hopkins, formerly of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. He enjoys the outdoors, time with his friends and family and every opportunity to go hunting and fishing.
- Mississippi, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1998
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- J.D. – 1996
- University of Mississippi
- B.A. – 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Harrison County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Harrison County Young Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Army National Guard, Lieutenant, 1990 – Present