When you have been injured on the job call us BEFORE the problems start

Worker’s compensation exists in all states to protect workers who become hurt on the job or contact an illness as a result of their job. It is a state mandated insurance program and each state has their own laws and programs for it. A worker is covered and eligible for benefits as soon as they begin employment. Occupational illness and diseases are covered if job related as are work related deaths.

You have the right to compensation for lost wages and medical expenses regardless of who was at fault be it employer, employee, coworker, customer or third party. If the injury results in death the payment of benefits is to the surviving spouse and dependents and may continue for up to 450 weeks after the decedent’s death. The employer or its insurance carrier is obligated to pay up to $2,000 in funeral expenses and an immediate lump sum of $250 to the surviving spouse.

If you have been injured you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. There is no deductible to be paid by the worker for any of the benefits received under workers compensation.

You should notify and report your injury as soon as possible to your employer or supervisor. It does not matter how insignificant you believe your injury to be – always report it. You should also provide a list of witnesses if the injury was due to a specific workplace accident. It should include the date, time, how the injury occurred and where the injury happened. Remember to keep copies of all documents for your records.

In some cases your workplace injuries can be moderate to severe and your doctor and you believe your health will not return to the condition it was prior to your injury, you may be entitled to a “permanent partial disability” award.

You are entitled to obtain an attorney regardless of the circumstances of your worker’s compensation claim. If you believe you are not receiving full compensation let us help you. Or if you would like to dispute an adverse decision made by your employer, your employer’s insurance company, or your state’s workers’ compensation division regarding your workers’ compensation claim give us a call.

If you suffered a workplace injury or contacted an illness on the job, contact a worker’s compensation attorney at Hopkins, Barvié & Hopkins, who can help you make sure you receive the benefits you need and will represent your interests.

Call us for a free initial consultation at 228.864.2200 or email us online via our website at www.hopkins-law.com. With more than 68 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys offer clients throughout Mississippi the representation they need.

To best meet the needs of our diverse client base, we speak Spanish. Los Abogados Hablan Espanol.

Or, email us, like us on Facebook or follow us on LinkedIn. Just click below.


Contact Us

Bold labels and This graphic indicates a required field. indicate required information.

Personal Information
Contact Preferences

How would you like to be contacted?
Check all that apply.

How Can We Help You?

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Privacy Policy