MARIANO J. BARVIE was born in 1971 in Buenos Aires Argentina. He has lived in Mississippi since 1982. After graduating from St. John High School in 1989, he attended the University of Southern Mississippi where he graduated with a degree in Business Administration (with honors) in 1993.
Mariano continued his education at Mississippi College School of Law in Jackson, Mississippi. He graduated from Mississippi College School of Law in 1996, and was admitted to the Mississippi State Bar in 1996.
Since he was a young man, Mariano knew that his calling was to be an attorney. Mariano believes strongly in our justice system, and the opportunity to seek justice through the court system. As Atticus Finch stated in the movie – To Kill a Mockingbird, “There is one way in this country in which all men are created equal – there is one human institution that make a pauper the equal of a Rockefeller, the stupid man the equal of an Einstein, and the ignorant man the equal of any college president. That institution, gentlemen, is the court.”
Mariano has worked on many challenging cases throughout his career, representing injured people, and their families against big corporations and the government. He has successfully settled and tried cases for catastrophic injury, work place accidents, products liabilities, trucking collisions, and injuries to children. Mariano has also successfully settled and tried cases for bad faith against some of the largest insurance companies in the country.
Mariano is admitted to practice law in state courts of Mississippi and the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, as well as, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mariano is a member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Mississippi Association for Justice, and the Mississippi Bar Association.
Mariano is fluent in Spanish and has represented hundreds of Spanish speaking clients in the Gulf Coast area. He also volunteers work for Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church in helping the Hispanic community with legal matters for the indigent.
Rita is Mariano’s paralegal
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Mississippi, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- J.D. – 1996
- University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- B.S. – 1993
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Mississippi Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Fatima Catholic Church